Greeter Schedule & Safety Assignments
Dharma School Year - 2021-2022
- Click on image to enlarge.
- All services are conducted in the kaikan at 9:00.
- Please arrive by 8:30 for Sunday services. (The only exception is New Year’s Eve service.)
- If switching schedules with someone, please send updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greeter Instructions for In-Person Services (updated 09/13/21)
- Four Greeters will be assigned per service
- Two Greeters will be stationed at the Courtyard entrance
- Two Greeters will be stationed at the Main Hallway entrance on the Alley side
- President and/or President-Elect will greet Sangha inside the Kaikan. Will set up additional chairs if needed. In the absence of both the President and President-Elect, one of the four greeters will be stationed inside the Kaikan.
- A member of the office staff will be stationed at the Nokotsudo entrance immediately following the service, to monitor the number of people entering the Nokotsudo
- Two security guards will be on-site in the alley
- Signs stating that “proof of vaccination and facemasks will be required” will be posted at the entrances
- Hand Sanitizer and extra facemasks (in a basket) will be available at each entrance
- A sign-in sheet will be placed inside the entrance to the Kaikan for anyone who wishes to be notified in the event an attendee of the service later tests positive for COVID
- Arrive by 8:30 am for the 9:00 am service and stay after service until all attendees depart. On the first Sunday of each month, there will also be a 10:00 am Shotsuki Hoyo Service. Greeters will need to stay for that service as well.
- Please wear your name badge and monto shikisho/okesa
- Greet Sangha members as they arrive
- Request to see proof of vaccination for all attendees over 12 years old
- Ensure that attendees are wearing a facemask. If the attendee does not have a facemask, provide them one from the basket.
- If an attendee cannot provide proof of vaccination, escort them to the Multi-Purpose Room where they will be allowed to watch the service on a large screen monitor
- Once service begins, greeters may enter the Kaikan, but one Greeter should sit near the front to monitor the kaikan entrance for any late arrivers
- After service, attendees may visit outside in the courtyard. No refreshments will be served, but bottled water will be available if needed