Public Health Safety Guidelines for our Sangha
With the news of the COVID-19 virus (aka Coronavirus) having spread to the United States, and given that we are still within the timeframe of our normal cold and flu season, the Sacramento Betsuin wants to share some best practices for staying healthy and preventing the spread of illness.
• If you are feeling ill or experiencing flu-like symptoms, please stay home and restrict outside activities, except to receive medical care.
• Wash your hands often with soap for a minimum of 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, going to the restroom, and before eating. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers in addition to washing your hands or if washing your hands is not available.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces with disinfectant wipes or household cleaning spray.
• For more information on hygiene and prevention, the CDC has guidelines available here: CDC Guidelines for Prevention of Spreading Illness
• Please don’t feel uncomfortable if you opt to stay home to avoid public gatherings.
• To limit exposure, you can view Dharma Messages at home on the Betsuin’s channel. You can find Dharma Messages posted on our website at buddhistchurch.org/watch-dharma-message
Thank you, everyone, for exercising diligence in maintaining your own health, ensuring the safety of others, and helping to prevent and minimize the spread of illness.