Re-opening Update from the President
Update 6/23/21: In-person service (trial)
Message from Gordon Nitta, Betsuin President:
I hope all of you are staying healthy. It’s been 17 months since we have suspended all in-person activities at the Temple except for essential work. We have heard from many of you asking when will the Temple be open again.
Our Usage and Reopening Committees have been meeting via Zoom every couple of weeks reviewing COVID reports and discussing a reopening strategy. We have agreed to open the Temple at a slower pace than the State lifted COVID restrictions on June 15th. The safety and comfort of all of you is foremost in our reopening of the Temple.
Initial Reopening Plan:
First In-Person Service Trial will be July 25, 2021 at 9:00am.
- NOTE the start time of the service is 9:00 AM. Please arrive early for check-in
- Service will be held in the Kaikan with proper spacing.
- REQUIRED proof of vaccinations (Vaccination Card or Copy).
- Unvaccinated children under 12 years old may accompany their vaccinated parents to the service.
- MANDATORY wearing masks (masks will be available as well as hand sanitizers).
- Adhere to social distancing while in the Kaikan and Temple
- Families may be seated together.
- No Service Book will be provided (Please bring your Seiten Books)
- No Food or Refreshments will be allowed in Kaikan.
- No Food or Refreshments will be served prior or after Service.
- The tentative Second In-Person Service Trial will be August 29, 2021 at 9:00am.
- No other in-person services are planned at this time
The Reopening and Usage Committees will evaluate the First In-Person Trial Service and make necessary adjustments for the Second Trial Service and our Regular Sunday Services (Tentative starting date September 12, 2021).