Latest News & Upcoming Events
The Opportunity Drawing will give our generous donors an opportunity to help raise funds for the church and also have a chance at winning some back–90% of the proceeds fund our general operating budget; the remaining 10% will be awarded to 5 lucky donors!
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: January 16, 2024, or until 300 entries are submitted. Click HERE to enter online
We are excited to announce a new Sacramento Buddhist Study Class conducted by Rev. Yuki Sugahara on the “History of Buddhism.” The class will be held monthly on the 4th Friday of the month starting on September 22, 2023, through January 26, 2024 (except the Friday after Thanksgiving).
Join us at the Buddhist Church of Sacramento on Thursday, Dec. 14 for an evening of music with the “Cherry Blossomz” group.
On the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 10 am, Rev. Yuki and Rev. Matt will provide a Dharma Service. The services are offered specifically in consideration for our senior members of the Sangha. All persons are invited to attend.
Attention, Seniors 60 years and over!
The Riverside Tanoshimi Kai (RTK) is back weekly every Friday at the Buddhist Church of Sacramento.
Bob Matsueda, a certified yoga instructor who presented a yoga class for our Health and Wellness Series, is offering free yoga classes on Wednesdays on Zoom.
Sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Rev. Yuki Sugahara for chanting the Shoshinge
In-person and live-streamed on our Facebook and YouTube pages.
Join us virtually for an informative session, part of our monthly Thursday Health & Wellness series.
Sign up at email@example.com. After you register, the Zoom link will be sent a few days prior to the seminar.
Starting Sept. 10, Shotsuki Hoyo service will be on the first Sunday of the month at 9:30 am combined with the weekly Dharma Service.
Click HERE to fill out the Google Form to have your loved one’s name read at the next service.
The 2023-24 Dharma school year will start on September 17. Classes will meet in person on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month with attendance sign-in for special services.
Students must be age four (4) by September 2, 2023, to register. Register using THIS REGISTRATION LINK.
Open bowling for adults and kids of all ages (bumpers too). Sundays at 1 pm at AMF Land Park Lanes. Cost per person $11.00 for 3 games and shoe rental. Pay only when you play.
- Dec. 10 – NO BOWLING
- Dec. 17 -Bowling
- Dec. 24 -NO BOWLING
- Dec. 31 – NO BOWLING
- Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28 – Bowling
The Sacramento Buddhist Church Adult Buddhist Association (ABA) will contribute to your 529 College Savings Plan.
Do you have an old vehicle that you wish to donate? Please consider having your donation benefit the Buddhist Church of Sacramento. All it takes is two easy steps:
1. Complete the information in the form below
2. Call our partner, Harold’s Car Donation Service (“Cars 4 Charity”) at 1-800-310-5274 or visit their website at https://haroldscardonation.com/
You can support the temple by becoming a member. The 2024 Membership Dues Payment Form is available online here.